Home / Categories / Moving to Canada / U-Pack Moving - Canada

U-Pack Moving - Canada

March 29th, 2017 - 1:41 PM

Compare Canadian moving companies

When exploring options for moving in or out of Canada, you may have come across U-Pack. It’s a “you pack, we drive” moving service that’s ideal for long distance moves (and moves that cross the Canadian border). Since you don’t have to drive, you’re free to travel and cross the border without all of your belongings in tow. Take a better look at how U-Pack works in Canada to compare us with other Canadian moving companies.

U-Pack handles moves in and out of Canada.

How U-Pack Canada works​

U-Pack can move items between the United States and Canada as long as the owner of the items is moving and changing residency status. While the details are a little different for inbound and outbound household goods shipments, we can make the process simple.  

Note: If you’re shipping and not moving, check out ArcBestSM.

To Canada

Moving from the U.S. to Canada is easy because of the broad U-Pack service area. We can provide door-to-door moving from many locations in the U.S. — and we make it easy! We deliver equipment to your home, then you load everything and we move it to Canada. We can cross the border on your behalf, but you will need to clear everything at the Canadian Customs Office upon arrival. After everything is cleared, we deliver the items to your home. Learn more about moving to Canada.  

From Canada

Moving from Canada to the U.S. works in a similar way, except you don’t have to visit U.S. Customs to clear the shipment. Equipment is delivered to your home, you load and then we go through U.S. Customs. Just schedule delivery and everything arrives at your door! Learn more about moving from Canada.

Canadian moving service areas

U-Pack provides service to all states, including Alaska and Hawaii, and these Canadian provinces: British ColumbiaAlbertaManitobaOntario, and Quebec. While we are unable to complete intra-Canada moves, we can ship to and from any of these areas with ease.

Equipment options

For moves both in and out of Canada, we have two equipment options: the moving trailer and moving container.

The moving trailer is 28’ x 8’ x 9’. With this option, you’ll use the space you need, down to 5 linear feet or up to the entire trailer. Trailers are great for moving any size home, or in areas where containers are unavailable.

Moving containers, or ReloCubes, are 6’ x 7’ x 8’ metal containers that sit at ground level. Cubes are ideal for areas with limited parking (each Cube fits in a standard parking space) or for apartments and small homes. We will deliver as many Cubes as you need, and you only pay for the ones actually used.

Service options

Along with the basic moving options, U-Pack has customizable solutions including storage, help loading or unloading, and terminal loading and unloading.

  •  Storage is available either in the U.S. or Canada at one of our service centers, depending on the specifics of the move.
  •  Moving labor is available to assist with loading or unloading, but only in the United States.
  •  Terminal loading or unloading is for anyone looking to save money moving or if door-to-door service isn’t available. With this option, you can load or unload at the local service center in both Canada and the United States.

How much does it cost?

To compare rates, start with a U-Pack quote. A quote includes the equipment, transportation, taxes and fuel. Compared to other options, U-Pack is a great value since you don’t have to drive or cross the border with your belongings.

Want to know more?

If you have any questions about moving to or from Canada with U-Pack, leave a comment below.