U-Haul Locations vs. U-Pack Locations
How do I find a U-Haul location?
To locate your nearest U-Haul store, you’ll need to visit U-Haul’s website. But, before you go, take a second to learn about getting a cheap move without having to drive.
You might automatically think that renting a truck is the easiest and cheapest option for your move—which may be true for local moves. However, if you are moving long distance, you might not realize that you can move cheap without having to visit a local office, pick up a truck, or drive. U-Pack is a great alternative to truck rental because you can get discount moving without having to drive at all.
Before you visit a neighborhood U-Haul location, learn how U-Pack compares. You can get a move at a comparable price without the hassle.
Your Local U-Haul locations. U-Haul has thousands of locations across the country.
- Their locations vary from small storefronts to larger locations offering everything from propane to carpet cleaning.
- Most U-Haul locations are franchised, meaning each one is owned by a different owner/operator, which can cause a problem in consistency of service. For example, when you pick up your rental truck at one location, you could find a certain set of hours or policies, but when you return your truck, it could be completely different.
- There is no standard for store size or location. Many are in gas stations, storage facilities, or other locations that may be tricky to find in your new town.
- In order to pick up and return your truck, you must visit a U-Haul location.
- To find U-Haul locations near you, check out their website.
U-Pack locations. U-Pack has over 300 service centers all over the country, as well as Canada and Puerto Rico.
- When you move with U-Pack, you don’t have to visit a U-Pack location. We bring the moving equipment to your door!
- U-Pack does all the driving, so you don’t have to. Do you really want to spend your time in an uncomfortable moving truck trudging across the country?
- You don’t have to pick up or drop off your equipment at a location across town – U-Pack picks it up when you’re finished loading.
So how is moving with U-Pack different from visiting a U-Haul location? U-Pack is a unique moving option. The moving trailer or ReloCube moving container is brought right to your door. You pack and load it (or we can recommend you to a network of loading and unloading help). We pick up the equipment and drive it to your new home (or storage building or wherever you are moving to). You unload it. We pick up the empty equipment at your home. No visiting locations, no driving.
With U-Pack, there’s no deposit required and no additional fees for insurance, fuel, or taxes. The best part? No worrying about safely driving a huge rental truck across the country. U-Pack handles all the transportation.
Get a free moving quote to see how you can move with U-Pack. Our prices are comparable to truck rental. In fact, 78% of our customers chose to move with us because of the price. Along with a great price, we also deliver great service.
If you have any more questions about the differences between U-Pack locations and U-Haul locations, just let me know. I’m happy to answer any moving questions you have.
U-Haul® is a registered trademark of U-Haul International, Inc. Use of third-party trademarks or registered trademarks does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by such third-party.