To move or not to move: Is Moving for me?
To move or not to move
That is the question, so the experts at U-Pack have come up with some questions for you to ask yourself to see if moving is something you should do!
- What do I not like about where I currently live?
- What would I change about my current place of residence to improve it?
- Does the weather make a difference in how I live my day-to-day life?
- What is my ideal climate?
- Is there someone who can replace me if a family member or friend needs help and I am unable to be there for them?
- What benefits (like child care, etc.) are important in choosing my potential new city?
- What makes another city better than the place I am currently living at?
- Is there a person that I want to be in closer proximity to?
- Are there any special needs that the new location must meet?
- Is it easy for me to move back to my old location after I move to the new location?
- Do I need my new location to be easily accessible to where I currently live so that I can visit family and friends frequently?
- What is my ideal neighborhood?
You and your family
- If I move to another place, what will I miss the least?
- If I move to another place, what will I miss the most?
- Is there anyone who I provide care or support for that would not benefit from my move?
- Who will benefit from my move?
- What people do I not look forward to moving away from? Can I find new people to fill their roles? If not, how will I fill those voids?
- Can I easily make friends with new people?
- Is this potential move a necessity or personal preference?
- Would I be unhappy if I delayed my move?
- Who are my ideal neighbors?
- Will this move allow me to grow as a person?
- Are there any big risks I am taking by moving?
- Will I be able to continue my hobbies and interests in a new city?
- Does the community environment in which I currently live match my personal community values?
- Is there a certain situation that makes moving the best choice for my happiness?
- How will moving make me happier?
- Could I find a satisfying job in a new city?
- Will my children or spouse be okay with moving?
- Is my family emotionally and physically ready to move?
- How would I get emotional support once I move to my new city?
- Are my kids okay with moving during the school year?
- What is the best time to move for my children and/or work?
- What can I afford to spend on a move?
- What is the cost of living in my potential new city compared to the place I currently live?
- What is the unemployment rate in my potential new state?
- What is the housing availability status in my potential new city?
- Is the crime rate higher or lower in my potential new city?
- Is the education quality for my kids better or worse in the potential new city?
- Could I afford to move in the future, or is now my only option?
- If I move far away from my family, can I afford to travel to see them in person later on?