The Best 4th of July Firework Displays for 2013
Do you love watching fireworks on the 4th of July?
So do my friends and coworkers, Donna and Brittany. They’re actually taking a few days off work to travel from Fort Smith, AR (where the U-Pack® headquarters are located) to Nashville, TN to watch a phenomenal fireworks display! Now that’s some enthusiasm! If you love watching fireworks just as much as my friends do, you might consider traveling (or even moving nearby) to one of these awesome displays celebrating our nation’s independence!
The Best 4th of July Firework Displays for 2013
- The Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular is celebrating 40 years in the making this year. What an accomplishment! Howie Day, Ellis Hall, Susan Tedeschi, and Ayla Brown (all Boston/New England performers) will be featured at the event. Keep in mind that this display attracts more than 500,000 spectators, so be sure to snag a good watching spot early along the Charles River. Click here to view the official event website.
- Known as one of the best shows west of the Mississippi, you’ll have a blast at the Lights on Tahoe South Fireworks Display. This year, the event starts at 9:45 p.m., so get there early to get the best viewing spot on the shore. Some people like to watch from the lake itself via paddle boat, kayak, or canoe. Here is a helpful list of the best spots to watch.
- I can definitely see why my friends chose Nashville for their fireworks fascination. Music City is bringing out all the stops this year for their Let Freedom Sing July 4th Celebration! The Band Perry, Keb’ Mo’, and the Nashville Symphony will be headlining the event, followed by an amazing fireworks display. Click here to get the full event schedule (it’s a fun-filled day-long event!).
- Does it get any better than celebrating America’s birthday in American’s birthplace? I think not! Enjoy food, entertainment, and more at the Philly 4th of July Jam and Grand Finale Fireworks. The fireworks display will take place at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, but not before you celebrate with Demi Lovato, John Mayer, Neo, Grace Potter, and Philly’s own ‘The Roots’ at the “Largest Free Concert” in the country! This interactive map will help you figure out where to watch with your family.
- Seattle’s Independence Day Fireworks Show almost didn’t happen because of a lack of funds. But thanks to public donations and corporate contributions from Microsoft, Wells Fargo, Amazon, and Starbucks, the show will go on! The display will take place over Lake Union, and many families make a day of it by enjoying the Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival (take advantage of the free public boat rides!). Click here to see all the fun things you can do at the festival.
- Okay, so celebrating the 4th in Washington D.C. might be just as awesome as celebrating in Philly. The event, titled “A Capitol Fourth,” takes place on the West Lawn of that U.S. Capitol. It’s the largest Independence Day celebration and fireworks show in the country! Before you start oohing and ahhing at the bold colors lighting the night’s sky, you can enjoy an hour-and-a-half concert featuring Barry Manilow, Candice Glover, Scotty McCreery, The National Symphony Orchestra, Darren Criss, and more! Check out the event’s Facebook page for more info!
- The Fourth of July Celebration at Fisherman’s Wharf is something to talk about! At 9:30 p.m., you’ll be able to watch the sky flash with red, white, and blue as fireworks are launched just north of Pier 39. There’s plenty of patriotic entertainment to keep you in the spirit before the grand finale, with a performance from ‘Tainted Love’ starting at 4 p.m. Click here to get the latest info about the celebration.
- With an event name like America’s Birthday Bash, you know this 4th of July celebration in Miami is nothing short of a good time! Since Bayfront Park is open all day, get there early to take advantage of great food/drinks and the Kid’s Zone. The fireworks display begins at 9 p.m. sharp. Don’t miss it – it’s the largest display in South Florida! Find more information about what’s allowed in the park here.
- The 37th Annual Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular in New York City is going to be, well, spectacular! Stake out your spot along the Hudson River and get ready for a real treat. Hip hop artist Usher will be directing and scoring the 25-minute synchronized display with more than 40,000 fireworks! The official website gives you a plethora of ideas on where the best spots are to see the show. P.S. You can also watch the show at home on NBC at 8 p.m. EST.
- 20 minutes of awestruck wonder...that’s what you’ll get when you go to the Do AC Fireworks Spectacular in Atlantic City. More than 10,000 multi-colored fireworks will light up the sky all around you - literally. The display originates from four different locations! The show starts at 9:30 p.m., and you can get the very best view from the famous Atlantic City Boardwalk. For more information, visit the event details page!
- Since 1983, the Addison, TX Kaboom Town!® has been THE place to go for the best fireworks display. This year, the party begins at 5 p.m. and goes till midnight at Addison Circle Park. This nationally-recognized firework show last 30 minutes, but of course, that’s not the only thing to do. Check out the Addison Airport Air Show, let the kids have fun at the Family Fun Zone, and enjoy tasting foods from more than 150 restaurants. And after the show is over, stay around for the after party! These frequently asked questions about the event will be able to help you if you need more info!
- They don’t call it the Dueling Barges Fireworks Extravaganza for nothing! You’ll love watching two barges over the Mississippi duke it out for your attention by shooting more than 3,000 fireworks into the night sky. The show starts at 9 p.m., so click here to figure out where you’ll park your car and set up your blankets.
- Chicago’s Navy Pier is the place to be for your Fourth of July celebration! The show starts at 9 p.m. on the dot, and the best places to watch include the shores around Lake Michigan, Grant Park, and Buckingham Fountain. If you want to get a closer view of the show, book a spot on the famous Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier. Or, book a cruise right on the lake and treat your date to a romantic dinner, dancing, and of course, the big show!
Well, that's my list of the best 4th of July firework displays for 2013! Have you been to one of these shows or another fantastic one not on the list? Leave a comment and let us know!