Parking a ReloCube
Everything you need to know about ReloCube parking & delivery
Because they’re fairly compact, ReloCubes are super easy to deliver to most locations. In fact, they’re the most popular option for people moving out of small apartments and those with no place to park a big moving truck overnight.
Though they take up much less space than the 28-foot trailer, ReloCubes still have some parking requirements that you’ll want to be aware of before moving day rolls around.
For a quick overview of what you need to know to park a ReloCube at your location, check out this video.
Now, let’s get into the details.
- The ReloCube’s exterior dimensions are 6’ x 7’ x 8’x (DWH)
- You’ll need one standard-size parking space for each Cube™
- ReloCubes cannot be delivered to a location with grass or soft ground
- We’ll need to place it on a paved, level area (with less than a 5 degree incline). Surfaces like concrete or asphalt are ideal, but hard-packed gravel normally works, too.
- The type of equipment we use to deliver your Cube(s) varies by location. In some areas we use a flatbed trailer and in others a drop-deck trailer. A forklift will take the Cube off the trailer and place it in the designated parking space.
- You'll need at least 40 feet for the trailer while your Cube is being delivered.
- A 14-foot overhead clearance is required, so check for low-hanging tree limbs, power lines and coverings. Cubes cannot be placed inside a garage or under a carport.
*NOTE: If you don’t have enough space to accommodate the delivery trailer, we can normally park on a side-street or at a nearby location and deliver using the forklift. If you have concerns about parking in your area, let us know – we’ll be happy to help find a solution.
Permits and Permission
- Parking permits are required in many locations – especially if you plan on parking on a city street. Check with the city or local police department to determine if one need needed.
- Often even if a permit isn’t required you still need to get permission. Check with your landlord, apartment manager, storage facility manager or HOA before moving day to make sure parking overnight isn’t a problem.
*NOTE: In most locations you have up to three business days to load and unload – it’s important to discuss loading/unloading time when applying for permits and getting permission.
What to expect on moving day
- You’ll need to be there to sign for the Cube on moving day. If you’re not able to be there, no problem! Just let us know the name of the friend or family member who will sign on your behalf – we’ll make arrangements.
Keep your belongings safe and secure by locking the moving container when you’re not using it.
ReloCube locks are available in the U-Pack Box store – and you get free shipping!
- You don’t have to be present when we pick up the loaded ReloCube. Just make sure it’s locked and call to let us know it’s loaded and ready to be picked up. The same goes for when you’re ready for pick up at your destination. Just call to let us know that it’s empty and ready to go.
Have questions about moving in a ReloCube?
Have more questions? We understand – moving is complicated, and figuring out all the logistics beforehand can be a lot of work. If you’re still trying to figure out whether a ReloCube will work at your location, a helpful U-Pack moving consultant will be happy help. Just leave a comment, or call us at 800-413-4799.
Need to figure out your move cost? Get a free moving quote online.