Packing for Storage
If I'm storing my items, what should I take with me?
This question may seem like it's fairly easy to answer, but moving can be stressful so it's easy see how you might do something like accidentaly pack up your passport two weeks before leaving the country! I recommend that before you pack for storage, you make a list to avoid forgetting something important – if you're doing container storage, once it's in storage it may not be possible to gain access to it. Although everyone's list will vary, this list may prove helpful:
- Medicine (it's a good idea to throw away any that may expire while in storage).
- Personal identification forms and important documents (passport, birth certificate, social security card etc.)
- Important contact numbers (address book)
- Cell Phone (don't forget the charger!)
- Alarm Clock
- First Aid Kit
- Hairbrush (and other toiletries)
- Medical Records (shot records etc.)
- Eye care (glasses, contact solution...)
- Necessary Clothing (will vary depending on length of storage)
- Bank Cards (Wallet)
These have been the most common/important for the people I have talked to. If I've neglected to list something you found important, let me know!