Moving Tips To Help You Move Like a Pro
Our Favorite Moving Tips
If you want to move like a pro, you came to the right place. U-Pack® is all about moving. It’s what we talk about all day long – and we love it. Over the years, we’ve been able to glean a ton of experience have accumulated an abundance of moving tips. We hope you’ll find just the thing you need to help your move go a little more smoothly. Here are some of our favorite tips:
- Start early! When it comes to moving, there aren’t many things more disappointing than deciding on a moving day but not being able to reserve it because of availability. Start getting moving quotes and make your reservation as early as possible!
- Don’t just compare price, compare services. As you research different moving companies, ask the important questions. You’ll sometimes find that cheap doesn’t always mean best. What services do you get for your money? Does the company provide the services you need? What do other customers have to say? You’ll benefit by evaluating companies based on price and service offerings.
- Move on an off-peak day. The beginning and end of the month and holidays are typically the busiest times for moving companies. That means middle-of-the-week days at the beginning of the month are usually the cheapest. If your move day is flexible, ask your U-Pack moving specialist what the cheapest day is in your date range. You could see a big savings!
- Use quality packing supplies. Customers that use good, quality boxes that are made for moving report much more successful moves. Using “grocery store” boxes isn’t ideal. They’re not made for moving, and they can carry insects (that you definitely don’t want taking up residence with your household goods).
- Don’t over pack boxes. It’s best to keep boxes under 40 lbs. That makes them easy to carry and easy to stack. Remember, if you’re saving big money by doing a “you pack, we drive” move, you’ll want to make it as easy on yourself as possible.
- Drink plenty of water in the days before the move. Moving is quite the work out, and unless there’s a little snow on the ground, you’ll probably break a sweat. Being properly hydrated will help you feel energetic.
- Create a relaxation space as you unload. Here’s what I mean: keep one area clear of clutter that you can escape to when you feel stressed. It’s perfectly fine (and encouraged) to take breaks.
For a comprehensive list of our favorite moving tips, check out the Moving Tips page at U-Pack!
For more moving tips and helpful information, check out these other great blog posts!
Is there anything we can help you with? Leave a comment below or give us a call at 800-413-4799.