Moving from Honolulu - Frequently Asked Questions
Planning a move from Honolulu?
If you’re moving from the state capital of Hawaii, it’ll be hard not to miss the balmy weather, breathtaking sunsets, and pristine beaches. But look on the brighter side - you’ll soon be on your way to a new city with new things to enjoy! Before you start packing your moving boxes, we’ve answered some of the most frequently asked questions about moving from the Aloha state. Read on!
What are my options for moving from Honolulu?
Well, you can’t exactly drive a rental truck from Hawaii…there’s a big body of water in the way, so we can cross that option off our list. The options you do have include full-service moving companies or a “you pack, we drive” moving companies like U-Pack®. To see which option falls into your moving budget, start getting moving quotes. You can get a free moving quote from U-Pack here, then compare it to full-service options. It’s likely you’ll see that U-Pack is cheaper than full-service.
How much does it cost to move from Honolulu?
This depends on details like where you’re moving to, how much you’re moving and how much work you want to put into it. Full-service options are typically significantly more expensive (because they do all the work). And “you pack, we drive” services like U-Pack are typically the more affordable route. You can get instant online prices from U-Pack and compare.
How does moving from Honolulu work with U-Pack?
- U-Pack arranges delivery of a moving container or ocean container to your home in Honolulu.
- You load within three business days.
- U-Pack arranges the shipping of your belongings out of Honolulu and to a local service center in Los Angles, Oakland, or Tacoma depending on your final destination.
- Once your belongings reach the U.S. mainland, U-Pack arranges the transportation your belongings to your new home.
- You unload within three business days.
- U-Pack arranges the pick-up of the empty moving equipment.
Moving from Honolulu with U-Pack is easy and convenient.
Where is the Service Center located in Honolulu?
It’s located at 2282 Hoonee Place. Of course, you won’t need to visit the service center unless you’re doing a terminal-to-terminal (or terminal-to-door) move with U-Pack. If you’re doing a door-to-door move with U-Pack, the 40 ft. ocean container or ReloCube®moving container will be delivered direct to your door for loading and unloading.
When should I begin moving from Honolulu?
We suggest moving during an off-peak moving time, like during the fall/winter, at the beginning of the month, on a weekday, or before or after a major holiday. These off-peak moving times are offered when moving companies aren’t as busy.
How do I move from an apartment complex in Honolulu?
If you live in an apartment complex with limited parking, we’ve got the perfect solution. U-Pack’s ReloCube®. It’s made of weatherproof metal, can fit in a single parking space, and can hold a room’s worth of furnishings – perfect for moving an apartment. The best part is that you can reserve as many as you need, but only pay for the ones you use. Our space estimator tool can help you determine how many Cubes you need.
How long does it take to move from Honolulu to the Mainland?
Once your container is placed on the ship, U-Pack can move you from Honolulu to your new location within 5-7 business days!
Can I get help loading and unloading in Honolulu?
Yes! U-Pack can refer you to a network of experienced moving labor in Honolulu to help load it all or just the big stuff.
Can I store my stuff if I’m moving from Honolulu?
Yes! If you need to move from Honolulu, but you won’t be ready to take delivery right away, you can store in a trailer or a ReloCube – just mention you need storage when you speak to your U-Pack representative.
Will my belongings be co-mingled with other shipments moving from Honolulu?
No. Once your stuff is loaded and locked, that’s the way it stays until you unload. No worrying about your belongings getting moved without your supervision.
What should I do before moving from Honolulu?
- Download and print off U-Pack’s Moving Checklist. Trust me; you’ll be glad you did. It covers a multitude of tasks starting before you move and even some tasks for after you’ve settled in.
- Get your moving supplies – moving boxes, packing tape, packing paper…you know, all the stuff to make sure your belongings are secure during transit. We offer FREE shipping on all our box store orders.
- Study our packing tips and loading tips! They’re really good.
- Let your friends know you’re moving with these moving e-cards! You can even invite your friends over for a moving party (if you provide the pizza or course).
- Don’t forget to visit your favorite beach in Honolulu one last time before you leave!
I hope this information answers you’re questions! If there’s anything else you need to know about how to move from Honolulu, or if you need a U-Pack moving quote, we’ll be happy to help. Just leave a comment, use the Ask the Experts tool, or give us a call at 800-413-4799!