Moving for Jobs
Moving for a Job: Where to Move and How To Get There
Sometimes you have to move in order to get the best employment opportunities. If you are trying to figure out where to get moving for jobs, or how to move once you find a job, I have all the insider information for you! Let’s take a look at where to move for jobs, along with how to move for your job without breaking the bank!
Moving for Jobs – Cities with the Best Employment Opportunities
If you are interested in moving to a place with job availability, then you might want to check out these cities with the best job market competition. Indeed.com did a study in February 2013 comparing the job postings versus the number of unemployed persons in 50 different metropolitan areas in order to find the cities with the best job markets. Let’s look at the top 5 cities, along with their popular industries. Hopefully this will show you some places where you can move for jobs!
- San Jose, CA – Sunny San Jose is a Mecca for startups, especially tech companies. As a part of the Silicon Valley region, it is a center for technology jobs. San Jose is also a shipping hub, with over $10 million in freight shipments coming through the local airport annually. There are two local rail lines that also feed the shipping industry. Additionally, health care, tourism, manufacturing, and education are big industries for San Jose.
- Washington, D.C. – Washington, D.C.’s top industry, as expected, is government. The local economy is diversifying though, with more jobs available in the technology, construction, and hospitality sectors. There are also more than 500 publishing and printing companies in the area, so you may be able to find a job in the printing business. There are many white collar jobs in international business, along with many blue collar jobs as secretaries, clerks, laborers, and other support services. There is something for everyone in the District.
- Oklahoma City, OK – Oklahoma City started out as an oil town, but today there is more to the local economy than “liquid gold”! Health care, manufacturing, agriculture, energy, and aviation are all integral parts of the job scene for OKC. The world’s largest stocker and feeder cattle market is located in Oklahoma City, so if you are interested in cattle, this is the place to be!
- Boston, MA – Tourism and hospitality are very big parts of the Boston economy, but there is more to the city than tourists! The education sector offers many great employment opportunities with 10 colleges and universities, six technical schools, four art and music schools, and six junior colleges in town. Manufacturing, transportation, and utilities are also popular choices for many Boston residents.
- Salt Lake City, UT – The Salt Lake City economy was originally built around the farming and mining industries, but there has been huge growth in the area in recent years. Service jobs are big in the area, with health care and computer services being wildly popular. Finance is also a big player in the local economy, with many banks having branches in Salt Lake City.
How do I move for a job without breaking the bank?
Once you know where you are moving, you have to figure out how to move. When you are moving for jobs, you don’t want to be broke once you get there! Perhaps you are just picking a new city and hoping to find a new job, or maybe you have a job waiting for you…either way, moving can be simple and reasonably priced – just move with U-Pack! U-Pack is a self-moving service where you pack and load your belongings, but then U-Pack does all the driving. U-Pack works like this:
- U-Pack brings the moving equipment right to your door. Choose either the trailer or moving container option, depending on your needs.
- You pack and load all your stuff inside (or U-Pack can offer you access to a network of loading and unloading help if you need it).
- Once loaded, U-Pack picks up your stuff and drives it to your new home.
- You unload.
- U-Pack picks up the empty equipment.
U-Pack has great perks that our customers love. U-Pack gives you plenty of flexibility. You get a moving quote for the space you need, but if you need more space, you simply use what you need – and pay only for the space you use. That also means that if you use less space, you pay less! U-Pack helps relieve some stress by giving you three days for loading and three days for unloading. You can take your time with U-Pack. U-Pack is fast, with most moves being completed in just 2-5 business days. And remember, with U-Pack, you never have to drive! U-Pack not only saves you time by driving, but you save money, too. You don’t have to pay for fuel, tolls, or liability coverage like you would in a rental truck. Get a free moving quote to see just how much you could save.
Moving for jobs? Use U-Pack!
U-Pack is perfect when you are moving for a job. You can drive your own vehicle, and arrive a few days before your stuff to look for a job and get everything in order. You may be stressing over a new career, but you don’t have to stress about driving a moving truck. Just go U-Pack! It is the ideal solution for those moving for jobs. Get a free moving quote to see how you can move with U-Pack.
Does your company participate in our Corporate Relocation Program? If so, your move could qualify for special incentives. Check with your Human Resources department or call our Corporate Relocation department at 877-450-3608.
If you have questions about where to move for jobs, or how to move with U-Pack, just leave me a comment below. Or check out these other helpful blog posts for more information on moving for jobs.