Mobile Storage Units
Compare mobile storage options
If you need storage in conjunction with a long distance move, mobile storage units are a great choice. Whether you need a mini container or a big one, these units are one of the easiest ways to move – just load your belongings once and store them in the container until you're ready for delivery at your new home. Portable storage is a convenient alternative to loading a moving truck, unloading into a storage unit, then loading back up when it’s time to move in. Let’s take a look at some moving storage units to find the right option for you.
Mobile storage containers
U-Pack offers two types of mobile storage containers: trailers and ReloCubes®. Trailers are great for both large and small moves while the Cubes are perfect for mini moves like apartments or smaller homes.
ReloCube storage units. ReloCubes® are mini mobile containers. Each Cube is 6’ x 7’ x 8’ externally and can hold the furniture and boxes from approximately one room. You can reserve multiple storage containers, but you pay only for those you use! That means if you end up not using one, you don’t pay for it.
Cubes are similar to other mobile storage units, but their size makes them ideal for places with parking issues because they fit into a standard parking space. They’re constructed of metal and sit at ground level for easy loading and unloading. ReloCubes are also designed with floor-to-ceiling tie down points, making it easy to secure items as you load.
Trailer storage. U-Pack trailers are 28’ x 8’ x 9’ (LWH), making them suitable for moving anything from a studio apartment to a 4-bedroom home! With a trailer move, the price is based on the number of linear feet the shipment takes up inside the trailer. This means that instead of paying for the entire unit, you only pay for the space you use (down to a 5-foot minimum). And only one household goods move is loaded into the trailer, so even if you’re doing moving and storage, your belongings stay where and how you loaded them until they’re unloaded at delivery.
Flexible mobile storage options
We have several customizable possibilities to fit your moving and storage needs. Whether you need storage for a month or a year, we have solutions for your needs and budget.
- Storage at origin. Depending on your situation, storing at origin may be ideal. We’ll hold your belongings in our moving equipment at the service center nearest your home and, when you're ready, we’ll ship everything to your new home. It’s the best mobile storage option for anyone who doesn’t know exactly where they’re moving.
- Storage at destination. Another option is to have the moving storage container kept at destination. This is ideal for those who want delivery as soon as possible once you’re ready to unload. Everything will already be moved to the destination service center, so when you call for delivery, it can be easily scheduled and brought to your new place.
- Long-term storage. We offer monthly storage rates for both mini storage units and large trailer storage. Rates are for 30 days of storage, per container. Your belongings are stored at a secure service center and we’ll bring everything to your door when you’re ready for delivery. For more information about monthly rates based on your location, just give us a call.
We also have two customizable delivery services to fit your budget:
- Door-to-door delivery. Most U-Pack customers choose door-to-door delivery for their moves. We deliver the equipment to your driveway, apartment parking area (with permission) or on the street (check for any permits required) for up to three business days at both origin and destination. You load and then we drive it to your new home. Having the mobile storage equipment right at your door makes it easy to load and unload.
- Load or unload at a service center. One of our money-saving alternatives is to load and/or unload at a local service center. We call this a terminal move – you can save hundreds by moving terminal-to-door, door-to-terminal or terminal-to-terminal. We have 240 service centers across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, so call us to find one near you!
How much do mobile storage units cost?
Every situation is different and costs can vary. However, it’s easy to get an online moving and storage quote from U-Pack. Just enter a few details about your move and we’ll email the quote instantly. If you prefer to speak with someone, call us at 800-413-4799.
Not all mobile storage solutions are created equal
It’s important to find a trustworthy service that meets your needs. U-Pack is known for just that – flexible mobile storage and excellent customer service. If you have any questions about the best solution for your move, leave us a comment or give us a call. We’re happy to help!