Job Action Day
Today is Job Action Day—a day created in 2008 by Quintessential Careers that was designed not just to help people find jobs, but to help people find the “right” jobs. You know—the kind of job that makes you excited to get out of bed in the morning. If you’re searching for employment, or you’re currently in a career that doesn’t feel like the right fit for you, there’s no time like the present to do something about it!
Start by asking yourself some of these questions:
- How much money do you want to make?
- What do you love to do (your “natural” talents)?
- Do you lean more towards analytical or creative?
- What type of environment do you like to work in?
- Do you like social interaction, or would you rather work alone?
- Do you deal with stress well?
- Do you need structure, or do you work best without a plan?
Now figure out who you are and where your passions lie:
Career Aptitude Tests
- Princeton Review Career Test
Then get motivated to get moving in the right direction:
Job Search Websites
Make Job Action Day the day you start heading down a career path that you can get excited about!