How To Ship Furniture The Easy Way
I’m looking for an easy way to ship furniture.
Allow me to suggest a very simple option that was designed to work well with your budget and time frame. U-Pack® is a “you pack, we drive” service that specializes in shipping furniture long distance.
Here’s what makes U-Pack ideal for shipping furniture
- You get affordable Rates. In most cases, U-Pack’s prices are comparable to or cheaper than renting a truck and driving it yourself. But with U-Pack, you get to drive your own vehicle instead of the moving truck.
- You get your belongings quickly. U-Pack offers transit times that average 2-5 business days. That’s a lot faster than the 2-4 weeks it could take full-service movers.
- You can get help loading and unloading. So if you kinda cringed at the idea of doing your own loading and unloading, this may be appealing: U-Pack is able to offer access to a nationwide network of experienced, pre-qualified loading and unloading help to assist with either end of your move. You can get help for just the “big stuff” like your TV armoire and bed suite, or for everything you own. The best part is that you can still save money; it’s often cheaper than full-service movers.
- You get convenience. If getting the moving truck delivered right to your door sounds great, you’ll like U-Pack. We arrange the delivery, transportation, and pick-up of the equipment (trailer or container) for you. That means you don’t have to go get a rental truck or take it back when you’re done. You also get three business days for loading and for unloading, so there’s no need to rush.
- Your price is based on space, not weight. With U-Pack, you pay based on the space your shipment occupies, not the weight. That’s good news! You see, if you use less space than quoted, you pay less for your shipment. Watch this video with some helpful loading tips for packing your furniture high and tight. And if you need to estimate how much space you’ll need, these space estimators will do the trick!
- Fuel is included in the price. If you’re still leaning toward renting a truck, you might change your mind after reading this. Rental trucks aren’t exactly fuel-friendly, especially if you load it down with heavy furniture. If you use this rental truck fuel estimator, you can how much gas would cost if you used a rental truck to ship your furniture. For example, if shipped furniture from Atlanta, GA to Portland, OR, you can expect to pay an additional $1,285 for fuel. Eeek! U-Pack, on the other hand, includes fuel in your quote (and there’s no extra charge for taxes, standard liability coverage, or the experienced driver).
So what do you think? Could U-Pack be the way you ship your furniture to your new home? You can start comparing prices and services by getting a free moving quote online, or give us a call at 800-413-4799. We’d love to hear from you. In the meantime, take a look at these helpful packing tips to get started. If you have any more questions on how to ship furniture, just let us know!