How to Save on Moving
10 Ways to Save on Moving
Do you love getting a good deal? No matter if you’re an extreme coupon clipper, someone who scours the web for deals, or just someone who likes a good deal – I have some great tips to help you save on your move. Why pay more for moving than you have to? Just take time to do one (or all 10!) of these money saving ideas and you’ll save big on your move!
- Get moving quotes! Start comparing prices to make sure you get the best one. The easiest way to do this is by getting a free moving quote here.
- Find a company that offers discounts. U-Pack offers a $25 discount for reserving online (currently available until September 30, 2013). U-Pack also offers military discounts, student discounts, senior discounts, and more! Call a moving specialist (1-800-417-4799) to see what discounts you qualify for!
- Move only what you need. With U-Pack, you pay only for the space you use. That means that moving less costs less. U-Pack is different from other types of moving companies. With rental trucks, you have to rent the whole truck. However, with U-Pack, you pay by the linear foot that you use in a moving trailer, so your rate is adjustable depending on how much you move. With U-Pack’s ReloCube container, you can reserve as many as you need, but only pay for the ones you use. Use our space estimator to see how many linear feet your shipment will take!
- Host a garage sale. Since moving less will save you money, get rid of the things you don’t want by having a garage sale! You can put the money you make toward your move! Check out our garage sale tips here.
- Do some of the work yourself. Of course, you can save money by putting in a little effort. Now, you might imagine that truck rental (where you do all the work: loading, driving, unloading) would be the best savings, but think again! With U-Pack, you do the loading and unloading, and U-Pack arranges all the driving. You can get truck rental prices, but not have to drive!
- Forget about fuel! One of the biggest expenses when moving can be the fuel. Rental trucks are gas guzzlers. If you let U-Pack arrange the driving, you won’t have to pay at the pump – fuel is included in your U-Pack quote.
- Get discounted moving supplies! Every moving kit in the U-Pack Box Store includes all the boxes and supplies you'll need. And every order is shipped to your door for FREE.
- Load/unload at the terminal. One great way to save even more on your move is to load and/or unload at the local terminal. Read more about terminal moves here.
- Choose the right move date. Certain dates have cheaper rates (much like airlines have peak days – moving companies do too!). When you get a quote from U-Pack, you will automatically be given the cheapest date in your range.
- Choose a service with the options you need. If you need loading assistance or storage, choose a service that offers those options. Getting all your moving services from one place means bundling your options for one great price! U-Pack offers storage, access to moving crews, expedited service, and more!
Which one of these tips sounds like the best way to save on moving for you? Doing some of the work for big savings? Hosting a yard sale? Whether you implement one or all 10, you can definitely save on your move. If you have questions about how to save on moving, just leave us a comment below.
To read more about how to save on moving with U-Pack, check out these blog posts: