How to Pack Linens and Towels
Packing Linens and Towels for Moving
After a long day of moving, you just want to take a hot shower and crawl into bed. We get it; that’s why it’s important to pack your towels and sheets properly so they arrive at your new home fresh, clean and ready to use.
These are the supplies you’ll need to get started:
- Moving boxes (depending on how many linens and towels you’re packing)
- Packing paper
- Packing tape
- A marker
Video about how to pack towels and linens for moving.
- Fold & stack the linens and towels neatly. This help to maximize the number of linens and towels you can fit into the box and keeps them tidy so they’re ready to use at your new home.
- Line the box with packing paper. It serves as an extra layer of protection.
- Place stacked linens in the box one stack at a time. Just be mindful of the weight, especially if you’re packing into larger moving boxes. It’s good practice to keep them under 40 lbs.
- Top with more packing paper. This helps fill in gaps, keeps items snug, and adds protection from dust.
- Tape the box shut. When the box is completely full and topped off with packing paper, seal it with tape and mark it with what’s inside.
Because they’re packed full, boxes of linens and towels are normally sturdy and easy to stack. That means you should be able to place them near the bottom when you’re loading them into the moving truck.
More helpful packing and loading tips
If you have questions about packing your linens and towels or you need advice on packing other household items, we’re happy to help! Check out these helpful how-to videos, or leave a comment below. And, if you’re interested in saving money moving long distance, call U-Pack at 800-413-4799 or get an instant moving quote online.