How to pack DVDs, CDs, and Video Games
Packing your DVDS, CDs, and video games for moving
While digital media continues to grow in popularity, there are still plenty of people who own physical copies of their favorite movies, music, and video games. Here’s how to properly pack your disc collection for moving so it travels safely to your new home.
These are the supplies you’ll need:
- Moving boxes (depending on the size of your collection)
- https://www.upack.com/moving-box-store/moving-supplies/packing-paperPacking paper
- A marker
Watch this video for helpful instructions:
A video on how to pack DVDs, how to pack CDs, and how to pack video games
Easy instructions for packing movies, music, and video games
1. Sort into stacks. Separate your cases into stacks to make them easy to grab and put into the box.
2. Line box with packing paper. Fold a few sheets of packing paper in half twice and place into the box. It’ll add extra protection.
3. Place items into box spine-up. We recommend packing spine-up to fit more items into the box. Pack larger-sized items (like DVDs and video games) first and smaller-sized items (like CDs) last to maximize space within the box. If there are any gaps within the first layer of items, fill with crushed packing paper.
4. Add another layer. If you have more items to add to the box, first add a folded sheet of packing paper to separate the layers, then continue adding items to the box spine-up.
5. Fill gaps with crushed packing paper. When the box is full, fill gaps with crushed packing paper for a snug fit.
6. Close, tape, and mark the box. Mark the box with the contents inside and “fragile.” Because of their fragility, it’s best to pack these items last in the moving truck with no other boxes on top.
What to do if you don’t have a case
If you have loose DVDs, CDs, or video games, consider putting them into a case with sleeves, or purchasing separate cases for each item. If you choose the case with sleeves, place it into the box standing up, not lying flat (just like a book or binder). If you choose individual cases for each item, pack into the box spine-up.
More helpful packing tips
If you have questions about packing your DVDs, CDs, and video games, or you need tips on how to pack other household items, leave a comment below, or take a look at these other helpful how-to videos. And, if you like the idea of moving across the country without driving a rental truck, call U-Pack® at 800-413-4799 or get a free moving quote online.