How to Move Cheap
How to Get a Cheap Move (without driving a rental truck!)
When you think of cheap moving, what comes to mind? If it’s a bulky rental truck and countless hours behind the wheel – think again. You can get an affordable move without having to drive a single mile in a rental truck. How? It’s called U-Pack®. U-Pack’s specialty is cheap moving – in fact, 78% of U-Pack’s customers chose U-Pack based on price.
U-Pack specializes in long-distance moves, or rather, moves to a new state. If that’s you, keep reading to learn how to move cheap! Or click here to get a free moving quote now.
How to Move Cheap: Go U-Pack!
U-Pack is a great solution for those who want to move cheap, but who don’t want to drive. U-Pack’s moving service works like this:
- We bring you a moving trailer or moving container right to your door.
- You pack up all your stuff and load it inside. Take your time – you have three business days to load. (Need help with your move? We can refer you to a nationwide network of experienced loaders and unloaders.)
- Then, we pick up the moving equipment and drive it to your new home. Transit times average just 2-5 business days.
- Once your stuff arrives, you unload at your leisure, with up to three business days for unloading.
- U-Pack picks up the empty equipment when you are all finished.
How easy does that sound? You can see that U-Pack is much easier than using one way truck rental, but what about price? How do you move cheap with U-Pack?
Cheap Moving with U-Pack
U-Pack keeps moving costs low in a few different ways. First, U-Pack doesn’t have the “extra” costs that are associated with truck rental. Second, there is no fuel cost with U-Pack. With the high cost of gas and low fuel economy of a rental truck – that can add up fast! Also, if you move with truck rental, you have to add on liability coverage, along with paying taxes and any applicable tolls. But you don’t have to worry about any of that with U-Pack. U-Pack’s prices include all the transportation costs, including an experienced driver, fuel, taxes, tolls, and standard liability coverage.
U-Pack also gives you flexibility with your pricing. Instead of renting a whole truck, you just pay for the space you use. When you get a moving quote, you will figure out how much space you will need (based on how much stuff you are moving). If you need more space on moving day, just use more! We will just adjust your rate according to the space you use. Or, if you are a “super packer” and don’t use all your space, you pay only for what you use. So if you use less, you pay less. It’s a great way to get a cheap move by being in control of the cost!
And besides great prices, U-Pack gives you perks that you won’t get from other moving services:
- Flexible loading and unloading. You can take your time because you have three business days for each of these!
- 24 hour online tracking. You can know where your stuff is at all times.
- No deposit required. ‘Nuff said.
- Additional services like storage or guaranteed delivery. We can customize your move to fit your needs.
How to Move Cheap: Move with U-Pack!
U-Pack is typically one of the least expensive moving options available, especially when you consider that you don’t have to drive (or pay for extras like fuel!). If you are moving to a new state and want to know how much your U-Pack move will cost, just click to get a free moving quote.
If you have questions about how to move cheap with U-Pack, just leave a comment. For more information, check out these other blog posts about moving cheap.