How to Make a Low-Stress Moving Plan
How to make moving low stress – make a plan!
When it comes to moving, organization is the key to a stress-free move. If you’re planning a move, follow these helpful tips, or check them off, and get your moving plan going!
- Create a moving budget. Who you choose to move with will determine how much your move will cost. If you want an affordable, stress-free move, consider U-Pack. With U-Pack, you do the loading/unloading and U-Pack does the driving. U-Pack rates compare to truck rental, too.
- Start getting moving quotes. To see which moving services fall into your moving budget, get moving quotes. You can start with a free moving quote from U-Pack here, then start comparing!
- Make a moving binder. This binder can include important documents like moving quotes, contracts, notes, and receipts. Always keep your moving file with you throughout your move. This will also make life easier when it is time to deduct your moving expenses on your taxes.
- Choose a reputable mover. The best way to choose the right mover is to get moving quotes and look at customer review sites to see what others have to say about the mover you’re looking at. Learn more about reputable moving companies here.
- Hire loading or unloading help. If your friends and family aren’t there to help you pack and load your stuff, U-Pack has access to a nationwide network of moving crews for one or both ends of your move. Just ask about it when you call or get a quote here with moving assistance.
- Purge before you pack. With U-Pack, you pay only for the space you use. So the less you have to load, the lower your price. Consider having a garage sale or donating the things you no longer want or need.
- Take inventory of your belongings. Even though U-Pack doesn’t require an inventory of your belongings for your move, it’s a great idea to have an inventory for insurance company purposes. Items that are difficult to replace should be taken with you.
- Stock up on moving supplies. Once you’ve paired down and taken inventory of your belongings, order your moving supplies. U-Pack’s box estimator can help you determine how many moving boxes you need. Don’t forget the packing tape, too.
- Create a schedule. There’s a time and place for everything when planning a move. U-Pack’s moving timeline is a step-by-step guide for each stage of your move—before, during, and after.
- Use a moving checklist. In addition to the moving timeline, you can use U-Pack’s printable moving checklist to mark off tasks as you prepare for your move.
- Research your new town. Before you move, learn about your new community by calling the Chamber of Commerce, visiting the new city’s website, or taking a road trip if your new home isn’t too far away.
- Relax. If you’re moving with U-Pack, you can relax about your upcoming move. U-Pack delivers the moving equipment directly to you for loading and unloading. You can get to your new home your own way, instead of using a rental truck. Plus, you don’t break the bank paying extra for things like fuel and liability coverage. Don’t miss out on U-Pack, the easy, affordable, and stress-free way to move long distance.
Making your moving plan stress-free
I hope you have enjoyed these tips for planning a move. Grab a free moving quote if you haven’t already, then start planning your move today. Have questions about a stress-free move with U-Pack? Click the Ask the Experts tab, leave a comment, or call a moving specialist at 800-413-4799. We can’t wait to help make your moving plan a success!