How Much Does It Cost to Move a Four-Bedroom House?
My parents have lived in the same four-bedroom house for almost 20 years. Besides all the furnishings, they have accumulated plenty of stuff. They’re planning to retire and move soon, but they’ll have to move all of that stuff. (I have to admit, I’m kind of glad it’s them and not me). Since I work for a moving service, my mom has asked this question more than once: “How much does it cost to move a four-bedroom house?” If you’re in the same situation, and asking the same question, my answer to you is exactly the same as the answer I gave her: Get a moving quote!
Here is why I can’t give you a straight answer: every move is unique. There are many variables at play that affect your price: how much you are moving, where you are moving to and from, and your move date, just to name a few. The only true way to figure out your cost to move a four-bedroom house is to get an instant moving quote. Just enter your move specifics and your email address and you'll see your price instantly (85% of our customers will get an instant price, 15% require review by a moving specialist and you'll receive your quote within 24 hours).
What does a moving quote include? Some moving companies offer moving quotes or estimates that aren't final. Here's what I mean: A full-service mover can give you an estimate, but ultimately (in most cases), your total moving cost will depend on how long it takes the loaders/unloaders to finish the job and how much your shipment weighs. That means you won't know the total price until after the shipment is traveling. Then, of course, it's easy to get an online truck rental quote, but the price you see isn't the final price. You'll have to add in extra costs like damage protection, taxes and tolls, not to mention food and hotel stays along the route. Then there's U-Pack, where your quote includes everything: fuel, taxes, and the driver.
A U-Pack moving quote for moving a four-bedroom home includes:
- The transportation. No extra costs for the driver, mileage, fuel, or taxes! With U-Pack, you pack and load, but we do all the driving! Our customers love the convenience.
- Flexible loading and unloading options. No rushing with U-Pack. You get three days to load and three days to unload (in most locations).
- A per-foot adjustment rate. That's right. You pay only for the space you use. Your quote is based on the space your items will occupy in a moving trailer or the number of ReloCubes you think you'll use. Don't need all of the space you reserved? No problem. You don't pay for it. Your rate is adjusted based on the space you use. No paying for wasted space here!
- 24 hour online tracking. You can see where your stuff is any time, day or night.
- The option to add options like storage or guaranteed delivery. Lots of flexibility and options with U-Pack.
- No deposit or down payment.
- Fast transit times! With one of the most efficient transportation system in the industry, most U-Pack moves are completed within 2-5 business days.
- Low prices! 78% of our customers chose U-Pack because of the price. Want to know your price? Get a free moving quote!
In case you haven’t put the pieces together yet, U-Pack is a great option for moving a four-bedroom home across the country. Affordable prices, fast transit times, flexible options…what more can you ask for? To top it off, we take on the most stressful part of moving – the driving! You save big with U-Pack -- time, stress, money, and your sanity. Figure out how you can move affordably with U-Pack by getting an instant moving quote. Or call one of our helpful moving specialists at 1-800-413-4799. Go U-Pack. We drive. You save.®