Holiday Checklist: For an Organized Christmas
The holidays are a wonderful time. I love taking time with my family to do fun things. We go look at Christmas lights, pick out a special ornament, and decorate the tree. But somewhere in all the fun, I am always scrambling to get stuff done. So I created this holiday checklist for an organized Christmas, so maybe this year I won’t overlook anything.
Holiday Checklist – End of November
- Look up dates of holiday events and mark them on the calendar (Christmas Light Tours, Holiday Open Houses, special church services, Christmas parties, Christmas Parade, etc.)
- Order Christmas cards (don’t forget envelopes!)
- Schedule any parties you are hosting, and invite your guests.
- Decorate your home
Holiday Checklist – First Week in December
- Buy stamps for cards
- Address and send holiday cards
- Make a list of gifts to buy and start shopping ! (Pro tip: Shop during your lunch break or in the evenings on weekdays to avoid weekend crowds.)
- Buy wrapping supplies
- Send any clothes to the cleaners that you will need for holiday parties
Holiday Checklist – Second Week in December
- Set up your wrapping station in a spare area of your home. Begin wrapping gifts.
- Plan your menus for holiday parties.
- Order any gifts online (give yourself plenty of time for shipping delays).
- Book any travel plans.
- Begin preparing your home for guests. Clean, restock the spare bathroom, wash the sheets, etc.
Holiday Checklist – Third Week in December
- Grocery shop for your parties.
- Make any dishes ahead of time (if possible).
- Charge your cameras and empty your camera cards.
- Deliver gifts to anyone you won’t see on the holiday.
- Enjoy the holidays with your family!
Did we forget anything? Leave us a comment! We hope this holiday checklist helps you have an organized Christmas this holiday season!