Fast shipping services
Moving long distance can be a big undertaking. After all, it requires moving your entire life from one state to another. While some people are able to experience laid-back leisurely moves, others are more crunched for time and need faster shipping options. If you can relate to any of these situations:
- You hired movers to unload your items and need to know when to schedule them to come
- You’re starting a new job and need your stuff before your first day
- You’re flying to your new home and don’t want to go days without clean clothes, a mattress or your cookware
What is guaranteed transit?
Guaranteed transit means choosing the exact date your household goods shipment will reach its destination. In other words, it’s an option that takes the guesswork out of planning and arranging your long distance move.
Normally, U-Pack quotes include estimated transit times of 2-5 business days. This works great for families or individuals who have some flexibility in their moving schedules. But, for customers with limited time, an expedited move is an ideal solution. You can enjoy the assurance of knowing when to expect your belongings.
How does it work?
Moving can require a lot of thought and preparation, but U-Pack guaranteed service strives to help reduce some of the stress. The process is simple and works like this:
- Get a free online quote
- Add guaranteed transit to your move during the reservation process online or by calling 800-413-4799
- A trailer or ReloCube® will arrive at your residence on move out day (you’ll have 3 business days to load)
- We’ll pick up the equipment and transfer it to your new home
- It will arrive at your new home by midnight on your date of choice
- You’ll unload your belongings (another 3 business days)
- We’ll pick up the empty equipment
- Guaranteed move complete!
Note: Even with guaranteed transit, you’ll still need to call your local terminal by noon on the day of pick up (phone number located on your Move Plan) to let them know you’re finished loading your belongings, and that you’re ready for them to pick up the equipment. Be sure to call by 5p.m. the day before your delivery date, too. This way the terminal knows for sure you (or someone standing in for you) will be present to sign and accept the shipment.
What are the advantages?
Besides knowing when your possessions will arrive, a time-critical move with U-Pack has other benefits:
- Know when to schedule the moving crew. It’s hard to schedule moving labor without knowing what day you need them. With our time-sensitive shipping, you’ll be able to plan ahead. We recommend scheduling your movers to unload the day after the shipment is guaranteed to deliver. However, if you add a guaranteed delivery time (more on that later), you’ll know the exact time of day to schedule them, too.
- Know when to schedule parking. If you’re moving your things into an apartment or storage complex, you may need permission and/or parking permits for the equipment to be on the property. With guaranteed transit, you’ll know what day to schedule parking.
- Know when to schedule a live load. If you’re moving to a metropolitan city, you may need a live unload — a situation where the driver stays with the equipment until it’s unloaded. Because a live unload is already time-critical, we recommend adding guaranteed transit and a guaranteed delivery time so you know exactly how to plan your move.
- Be eligible for 100% customer satisfaction. We’re so confident we won’t fail to deliver on the agreed upon day, you’re eligible for compensation if we do.
How much does it cost?
Because everyone’s situation is different (depending on where you’re moving from and to), there is no set price for the amount of money fast shipping will add to your move. However, many of our customers find the price to be affordable, and many agree that complete peace-of-mind about when the shipment will arrive is worth the small fee. Call 800-413-4799 to see how much guaranteed transit will cost for your move.
Where is this service available?
To make relocating easier on you, expedited moves are available in most areas of the contiguous United States. U-Pack doesn’t offer fast shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or Canada. Ask a moving consultant about service availability in your area.
Do other moving companies offer expedited shipping?
Guaranteed transit isn’t something a lot of companies can offer their customers. Some hire outside trucking services to deliver items, which means they can’t manipulate travel times. At U-Pack, we work with our transportation partner, ABF Freight™, to ensure nothing stands in the way of a shipment arriving when you need it.
Our expedited shipping also helps us stand out among competitors like full-service movers. While full-service companies make the packing and loading part of moving convenient, their transit times can sometimes average 2-3 weeks. This is because they commingle household goods (transferring the belongings of multiple families at once) — since all those families aren’t moving to the same city (just headed in the same direction), offering time-sensitive moves isn’t possible.
What if I need my shipment at a certain time?
While guaranteed transit lets you pick the date you receive your belongings, guaranteed delivery is an additional service that lets you choose the time. Once you’ve added guaranteed transit, you can then select a one or two-hour delivery window. This service does have an additional fee, but it can help your move-in day run smoothly. Check with your U-Pack moving consultant to determine if a guaranteed delivery window is available in your city.
How do I add time-sensitive shipping to my move?
Adding guaranteed transit to your move is simple. If you’re booking over the phone, just let the U-Pack consultant know you’re interested. For online reservations, our system will automatically offer this option if it’s available in your area. If you don’t see it on your screen, call a representative at 800-413-4799 to discuss alternatives.
Choose fast shipping for your U-Pack move
Does guaranteed transit sound like the best way to make your move quick and less stressful? Get a free online quote or call a U-Pack representative at 800-413-4799 to see how much your expedited move will cost.
If you have other questions about our guaranteed transit services, just leave a comment below. We’re happy to help!
What U-Pack customers are saying
After every move, we send out a survey asking customers about their experience. Here’s what some of them had to say about guaranteed transit:
“The guaranteed delivery date is what sold me on U-Pack.” –D. Chen
“Very satisfied with the service (we’ve now used it twice) and we are especially happy with the ability to pay extra to have a guaranteed delivery date.” –D. Sacky
“Everything was handled in a timely fashion and the employees we spoke to were helpful. I also liked the fact that you could pay extra for guaranteed delivery.” –S. Dinger
“U-Pack was great. I hired helpers to load and unload the trailer and the total price was about a third of a moving company. U-Pack also has guaranteed delivery. Moving companies (PODS®) won’t guarantee your delivery time. Highly recommend U-Pack to anyone making a long distance move.” –M. Cade
“SO WONDERFUL! The guaranteed delivery time was a huge bonus to me. Thanks!” –L. Banks