Gift Ideas for Nurses Week
It’s Nurses Week! Thank a Nurse Today.
Nurses are special people. They are the ones who deliver bedside care at hospitals, put bandages on boo-boos at school, and provide care for people in the last moments of their lives. Nurses care for patients year-round, and in March, Americans take time to honor them by celebrating National Nurses Week.
When is National Nurses Week?
National Nurses Week is celebrated each year from May 6 through May 12. May 6 is known as National Nurses Day, and May 12 is the birthday or Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing.
How do you celebrate National Nurses Week?
Many hospitals and clinics hold special events during Nurses Week to honor nurses’ commitment and years of service. One of the best ways to celebrate Nurses Week is by giving the nurses that have helped you gifts. Whether you have a nurse in your family, work with nurses, or want to say thank you to a nurse who helped when you were sick, here are some great gift ideas for Nurses Week.
Great Gift Ideas For Nurses Week
- Nurses often have a long walk from the parking lot to their clinic or hospital. My friend who is a nurse loves to use cute umbrellas on those long walks when it’s raining. So, you could give your favorite nurse a fun-patterned umbrella or rain jacket for her commute to work. To find these types of umbrellas, try Target.
- Nurses are on their feet all day, so a great gift for Nurses Week would be a pair of nice, cushy socks and a gift card to a shoe store. A pedicure gift certificate would also be great so they could get some relief for their tired feet.
- Speaking of pedicures, any pampering gift would be a wonderful idea for nurses! From a massage gift certificate (if you wanted to splurge) to just some wonderful smelling bubble bath, who doesn’t love to pamper themselves?
- Food is always a great gift as well! You could make some delicious treats (or buy some!), or you could give a gift card to your favorite bakery or restaurant. A hard-working nurse would really enjoy a yummy meal.
- Lastly, nurses are always washing their hands, leaving them dry and chapped. A really good quality hand lotion would make a great gift. My favorite is the True Life Spa Paraffin Super Softening Hand Lotion from Bath & Body Works, but any luxurious hand lotion would make a perfect gift for Nurses Week.
What other gift ideas for Nurses Week do you have? We would love to hear your ideas; just leave a comment below.