Cube Storage Bins for Long Distance Moving
The U-Pack Cube™: A Storage Bin Made for Moving
If you’re looking for a moving and storage solution that’s convenient and affordable, check out the U-Pack ReloCube. It’s a metal container that’s delivered right to your door – you load it up, and we’ll bring it to your new location, or store it as long as you need. Since Cube storage bins work a little different than the typical moving and storage equipment, we’ve answered some frequently asked questions to help determine if it’s the best solution for your move.
How big is a Cube?
Externally, ReloCubes are 6’ x 7’ x 8’ (lwh). Internally they’re approximately 70” x 82” x 93” (lwh) – just the right size to hold one room of furniture and boxes. They’re also plenty big to hold a king size mattress and box springs.
Is there a limit to the number of Cubes I can reserve?
No. With U-Pack you can reserve as many storage bins as you think you need, but only pay for those you actually use.
How much do Cubes cost?
Prices vary based on where you’re moving from and to, when you’re moving, and how many Cubes you use. Getting a quote is easy – just call or click!
Do I have to pay up front to reserve a Cube storage bin?
No, not with U-Pack. You’ll need a credit card to reserve your Cube, but it isn’t charged until after you load and know how many Cubes you use.
What are these storage bins made of?
Cubes are custom built, constructed of steel or aluminum. The inside is designed with floor to ceiling logistics tracking strips for securing your belongings with rope or straps as you load.
How does Cube storage work?
- U-Pack brings a storage bin to your home (or as many as you need)
- You have up to three business days to load
- We pick it up and store it or deliver to your location
How are the Cubes delivered?
- They’re delivered to your door by either a flatbed trailer or drop-deck trailer, depending on the equipment at your local service center. Read more about container size and delivery.
- Each Cube fits into one standard parking space. That makes them great for areas with limited parking. Read more about Cube parking.
What are the benefits of using a Cube for moving and storage?
- You don’t have to load and unload your belongings multiple times – they’re stored right in the storage bin you loaded them in until you’re ready for delivery.
- Cubes can be delivered door-to-door, making moving and storage super convenient. Or, you can save money by loading and unloading at a local service center.
- U-Pack transit times average just 2-5 business days. If you need it there faster, we offer expedited service with U-Pack Guaranteed.
- You put your own locks on your Cube, and it stays locked until you remove them at your destination.
Storage bins that make moving easy & affordable
Not only are Cubes easy to use, flexible, safe, and delivered fast, they’re also affordable. Click for a free moving quote! If you have more questions about using a storage bin for your move, leave a comment below or call 800-413-4799. We’re happy to help!