Cheap Moving Tips
Cheap Moving Tips
Its Flashback Friday! Each week we revisit a blog topic that our readers find helpful. Todays flashback: Cheap Moving Tips. Who doesnt want to save money on their move? For most customers, an affordable price is the priority. Check ways to make this move your cheapest yet. Happy Friday!
If youre searching for a cheap way to move long distance, U-Pack Moving is a great solution! In fact, in a post-move survey, 78% of our customers said they chose U-Pack because of the price. Get a free moving quote today and youll see that the prices compare to truck rental but you dont have to drive! AND with U-Pack theres no additional charge for fuel, sales tax OR the driver.
Okay, now that youre familiar with the cheapest way to move cross country, heres a little brainstorming session with more cheap moving tips feel free to add more if you have ideas!
1. Do-it-yourself. You can hire someone to do the packing and loading for you, but youll save a significant amount of money by packing and loading on your own (U-Packs specialty). Ask your friends and family to help - pizza and drinks cost a whole lot less than moving labor.
2. Have a garage sale. Read Jean's posts: Throw it out before moving out and How to have a successful moving sale. They give great tips on paring down before your move. Make a little money and move a little less stuff; its a win, win.
3. Pack a lunch. Fill a cooler up with sandwich fixings, snacks, drinks etc. Eating out and buying convenience store snacks on the road can get expensive. Just think if you've got a two day drive, you'll probably stop to eat at least four times. If you're moving a family, you'll probably spend at least $20 on meals at each stop. That can add up fast! Now, factor in spending $10 on snacks and drinks at every bathroom break and you've probably added another $40. There's definitely room to save.
4. Discount hotel rates. Plan ahead. If you've got more than a one day drive and you know what city you'll be stopping in, use a website like priceline.com to bid on hotel rates this is a great way to save! Just pick the number of "stars" you want the hotel to be, and the area you want to be in and name your price. Just to give you an idea I recently bid $60 on a hotel that was normally $179/night, and got it!
5. Drive economically. Although gas prices are dropping (yay!), there are still ways you can save. Did you know that traveling at 55 mph can give you up to 21% better gas mileage when compared to speed limits of 65-70 mph? Also, travelling at fast speeds in low gears can consume up to 45% more fuel than is needed. Check out these thrifty gas saving tips.
Still looking for ways to save on your move? U-Pack is committed to offering affordable prices. Call today to speak with a helpful moving specialist well help you find ways to save and make U-Pack your cheapest moving option yet! 800-413-4799