Best of April Fools’ Jokes Online 2014
Companies Prank Their Customers Online
Each year, April 1st pranks roll around, and each year, we fall for them. In the past, you only had to be on guard for jokes pulled by your friends or family members. Now, you also have to be cautious online because companies are out to play the best April Fools’ pranks on their customers! Check out this list of jokes from 2014.
Funny April Fools’ Jokes
- The @DogsofInstagram account posted that Hamilton the Hipster Cat is behind the popular account, which will now be only posting cat pictures.
- Musician Ben Rector announced that he was retiring from making original music and chasing “another longtime dream: become the world’s greatest one man Huey Lewis and the News cover band” which he is calling Newy Lewis and the Hues. Here is Ben’s video announcement:
- Silk revealed their latest product: Kalemilk. Sounds delicious with breakfast, huh? The good news? It’s dairy, gluten and soy free!
- Chick-fil-A promised to satisfy customer cravings for their dipping sauces with new sauce-flavored lollipops! You can enjoy a barbeque pop or a Polynesian sauce pop. Yum?
- A fellow Arkansas business, Ozark Natural Foods, announced that they purchased a Hummer to promote their mission of healthy food and sustainability. (Not exactly what you think of when it comes to green living!)
- Nerdist announced that Rosetta Stone will now offer Klingon language learning programs. “Speaking Klingon is a great way to make new friends.” This video shows customers speaking Klingon to one another.
- SimpliSafe announced they were overhauling their brand and becoming ShampliSafe Home Security, with features like Gentry Sensors that “warn you when landed noblemen approach your home” or E-Motion Sensors which “change color depending on your mood.” You can even have alerts sent to a random payphone (so you never see them).
- Udi’s Gluten Free announced they have a new product coming to the produce section soon: gluten free vegetables!
- Attention boy band lovers! Ryan Seacrest posted that *NSYNC would be reuniting in 2015 (for some of the folks in our group, this was the saddest April Fools’ joke).
- Marketing software company, Marketo, posted that aerial and sky-based marketing was the future. They suggested investing in owls and blimps to market your business in their sky-based marketing guide available here, suggesting “You can’t unsubscribe from the sky!”
- If you want even more kale, Sonic featured the Kale Cream Pie Shake. Their Vine video says “a little bit of bitter, a little bit of sweet – it’s perfect.”
- Airbnb created Airbrb to allow you to “work from someone else’s desk, anywhere in the world.” For example, you can work from Oscar Wilde’s earnest desk for just $90/hr.
- Because bacon is all the rage, many companies used bacon for their April Fools’ Day pranks, including M&M’s with bacon M&M’s and Netflix with 20 minutes of sizzling bacon footage.
- For just $9,999, Southwest Airlines announced that they would be extending service to Mars. “It’s a goal of ours to connect people to the intergalactic planets that they love.” You can watch their special announcement here.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch debuted a new cereal that would be perfect for your lunch- “Grilled Cheese Toast Crunch.” Thanks, but no thanks.
- Another local Arkansas company, Rocky Ridge Refuge animal rescue, announced they had a new resident. They are looking to name this little critter (which some internet research reveals is an Inari fox).
- The Edibox from Domino’s is the first “snackaging” (packaging you can eat), which features an edible box. Pizza lovers rejoice!
- The Shopkick app (a shopping rewards program) is allowing users to redeem their points for a free puppy. We can practically hear a collective “awwwww”!
- Hey, privacy is really important--Kayak is allowing you to compare hundreds of bathrooms across the globe. Search bathrooms in your area here.
- Woodchuck Cider had a rare Bigfoot sighting at their cidery today. The picture’s a little blurry, but confirms that Sasquatch was seen in Vermont!
There are countless April Fools’ pranks that were played online in 2014. Share your favorites with us!