10 Awesome Summer Vacation Ideas
Are you ready for summer vacation?!
Now that summer is almost here, it’s time to start planning your next vacation. If you already have a vacation planned – great! Let us know what you’re going to be doing by leaving a comment below – we’d love to hear about it. But if you’re still racking your brain trying to figure out where to vacation this summer, and then take a look at these 10 awesome summer vacation ideas. Whether you’re planning to vacation alone, with family, with your significant other, or with friends, these ideas are guaranteed to make some memories.
10 Awesome Summer Vacation Ideas
- Visit at theme park or water park. Nothing says summertime fun like rollercoasters, thrill rides, and splashing around in the water. Theme parks are designed for every kind of budget and all ages. To find a theme park or water park near you, visit themeparkcity.com.
- Take a walk through history. Make your way toward the East Coast and immerse yourself in American history. Visit historic cities like Charleston, SC, Williamsburg, VA, Richmond, VA, Washington D.C., Gettysburg, PA, Philadelphia, PA, New York City, and Boston, MA. Whether you can visit all or just one, you’ll find a deeper appreciation for the red, white, and blue. Take a look at this list of 25 Historic Buildings in Washington D.C.
- Discover the great outdoors. Summertime is for exploring the great outdoors, not for staying cooped up inside! Whether you decide to go camping at the nearby lake, visit a national park, or take a hiking trip, there are lots of fun things to do just outside your door!
- Travel overseas. The world is at your fingertips, where you go next is up to you! Summer vacation hot spots include Paris, France; Dublin, Ireland; Rome, Italy; and the Bahamas. A cruise is a great way to visit multiple destinations for a reasonable price. Visit cruisecritic.com to see which locations you’d like to see.
- Hit the beach. I think I hear the beach calling your name! Going to the beach is one of the most popular summer vacation ideas ever, and for good reason – it’s the beach! Whether you’re goal is to relax, get a tan, or just enjoy catching a wave or two, the beach is a great place to vacation. Maybe one of these top 10 Florida beaches is for you!
- Visit Mexico or Canada. Who says you have to cross the ocean to travel internationally? Book a vacation at one of Mexico’s affordable all-inclusive resorts or fall in love with the beauty of Niagara Falls in Ontario. You can find more about things to do in Canada here.
- Experience Big City Life. Travel to the nearest big city and experience the nightlife, food, entertainment, and daytime activities. Austin, TX; San Antonio, TX; and Chicago, IL are all great places to experience big city life.
- Make the swap. Have you ever thought about swapping homes with someone for your summer vacation? Homeexchange.com lets you do just that. You can choose from 154 countries and 45,000+ listings.
- Take a road trip. Hitting the open road is a great summer vacation idea. Instead of visiting big touristy sites, go off the beaten path. Stop at small town diners or visit unique attractions along the way to your destination. Route 66 is a popular road trip path to follow.
- Go on a Staycation. If the time or money doesn’t allow for a get-a-way summer vacation, then stay at home and have a fun vacation instead! Here are some great staycation ideas to fit any schedule or budget.
Like I mentioned above, summertime is quickly approaching! Let us know if you plan on doing one of these 10 summer vacation ideas, or if you have one to add to the list! Just comment below.