I’ve been approved to do a PPM…what’s next?
Well first, let me say that I think it’s pretty great that you’re doing a PPM! By doing some or all of the work yourself, you have a good chance of making some money when you get your reimbursement. Talk about motivation! Now that you’ve been given the green light, the next step is to get moving quotes. We’ll show you how to get quotes and compare them so that you can pocket the most money possible! Let’s get started.
Getting a PPM quote
We recommend getting your moving quotes online or by phone. Most moving companies will offer both options to get quotes. You can get a free U-Pack® moving quote online or by calling 800-413-4799. U-Pack is an affordable “you pack, we drive” moving company. If you call to get your quote, make sure you ask each moving company if they offer a military discount! U-Pack does!
Comparing your PPM quote
Once you have all your moving quotes together, start sorting through them to find the best rate. Keep in mind, though, that price isn’t always the most important factor. You want to make sure your things get to the new duty station safe and secure, too. Take a look at your U-Pack quote. It includes fuel, an experienced driver, taxes, tolls, and standard liability coverage. All you do is pack, load, and unload. Now take a look at one of your truck rental quotes. It likely doesn’t include fuel, a driver, taxes, tolls, or damage protection.
Here’s what really matters - in most cases, U-Pack’s prices are similar to or cheaper than truck rental prices. So with U-Pack, you could likely pay a comparable rate to renting a truck and not have to drive. Sounds like a win-win to me! What about you?
What sets U-Pack apart as a great PPM option
- You’re in control. U-Pack gives you up to three business days on both sides of your move to pack, load, and unload. There’s no need to rush!
- U-Pack is fast. If you let the government arrange your move, it could take 4-6 weeks to deliver your belongings. U-Pack’s delivery times average 2 to 5 business days! That’s right – days.
- You get certified weight tickets. For an additional cost and at your request, U-Pack can provide the certified weight tickets required for you to get reimbursed.
- There’s no deposit or down-payment! Ever.
- You don’t have to drive, which means that you and your family can travel in your personal vehicle to your new duty station. That’s much better than in a bulky, unfamiliar rental truck.
- You get flexible pricing. With U-Pack, you pay for the space you use. So if you pack high and tight and use less space than you were quoted, then the price of your move gets smaller. And if the price gets smaller, the money you’ll make gets bigger. Use our space estimators to see whether you should use a moving trailer or ReloCube container.
When planning a personally procured move, it’s important to not only find a moving company that delivers on price, but service, too.
Get a PPM quote from U-Pack!
It’s easy and free. Just click here to get a quote, then enter where you’re moving to and from, when you’re moving, and how much you’re moving. If you get your quote online, be sure to give us a call 800-413-4799 so we can add on the military discount to it! With U-Pack, you really can do an affordable PPM.
If you have questions, just ask! We’re happy to help. Leave a comment below or use our Ask the Experts tool.
Related resources to PPM Quotes