Moving to College
Moving to College?
Is it time to make that transition from living with the "parentals" to finally getting to experience life on your own? If so, it's time to get organized! Moving to college is huge, but it doesn't have to be stressful. Make it fun!
1. Call the Housing Office. Before you go any further, make sure you actually have a place to live. This is also a great time to ask when your move-in date will be, learn the dimensions of your new room, and find out who your roommate will be.
2. Get to know your roommate. If you went potluck and don't know your future roommate, add them as a friend on Facebook or send them an email. Now is a great time to learn more about the person you'll be living with.
3. Make a moving checklist of necessities. Make sure all of the day-to-day necessities are on there. (E.g., microwave, bedding, school supplies, etc.) If one big list overwhelms you, break your list up into categories.
4. Go shopping! Having a new room and starting a new phase in your life could be a good time to change your style. It's always fun to pick out new bedding or new pictures and posters to put on your wall.
5. Call U-Pack. Now that all the shopping is done, you'll need to decide how moving to college is going to work for you. U-Pack's ReloCube is the perfect size for any student moving to college. It only takes up about a parking space worth of room and will hold everything you could possibly fit into a dorm room.
Get a free moving quote or call 800-413-4799 for more information on how to move with U-Pack!