Everything You Need to Know about Moving Cubes
Using a moving Cube is a great idea for your upcoming move. They’re easy to load, affordable, and a GREAT alternative to driving a rental truck!
Is a Cube right for your move? How do you rent a Cube for your move? Let’s look at your options.
There’s Only One Moving Cube
- It sits flat on the ground for easy loading.
- It’s custom-built of weatherproof steel to keep your belongings safe during your move
- It’s 6’ x 7’ x 8’ – roomy enough to accommodate one room of furnishings, but small enough to fit into a standard parking space.
- The tie-down points located throughout the interior make it easy to secure your belongings for safe transit.
- Once you finish loading, just close the doors, place your lock, and keep the keys. Nothing is unloaded or moved until you take delivery at your final destination.
- Flexible pricing allows you to reserve as many moving Cubes as you think you’ll need, and pay only for those you use.
- If you need immediate delivery, U-Pack transit times average just 2-5 business days. Your moving quote will indicate the estimated transit time for your locations.
- If you need storage, you can store as long as you need.
How Does Moving Cube Rental Work?
It’s the simple way to move!
- Get a free quote online or by phone.Reserve the number of Cubes you think you’ll need.
- On moving day, they’re delivered to your location (just make sure to secure a parking space(s) beforehand).
- Load your stuff and call to schedule pick up. You can have up to 3 business days to load—so if you need extra time, have it delivered on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday and get the weekend, too!
- We’ll deliver to your new location, or you can store as long as you need (we’ll talk more about that in a sec)
- Call when you’re finished unloading, and we’ll schedule pick up.
Oh, and you don’t pay for anything until after you finish loading and know how many Cubes you need!
Talk about low-stress moving! You don’t have to pick up the equipment, you don’t have to drive, and you don’t have to wait several weeks for delivery. And, when compared to other moving container options, Cube prices are very affordable. (Read more about how U-Pack rates compare to PODS® rates), or compare prices with a U-Pack moving quote.
How are Moving Cubes Delivered?
Depending on where you’re located, we'll deliver Cubes on a flatbed trailer or a drop-deck trailer. The flatbed trailer can deliver up to four Cubes at one time and the drop-deck trailer can deliver up to 2 Cubes at one time. Regardless of the equipment type, they'll need a hard, level surface for delivery, and they'll need only one standard-size space per Cube for parking. Read more about ReloCube size and delivery.
Can I store my stuff in a Cube?
Yes! Cubes were designed for storage! Just load your belongings, lock it up, and we’ll store it at a secure service center until you’re ready for delivery. Storage fees range from $95-$145 per container per 30 day period. You can get prices online, or call a U-Pack Moving Consultant at 800-413-4799 to talk more about Cube storage.
How can I save on moving Cubes?
- Check out terminal load and unload options.
You can load, unload, or both at a local service center, and save money in the process. Ask your U-Pack Moving Consultant about how much you can save with a terminal-to-terminal move!
- Choose an off-peak moving day.
You can lower your price by moving on an “off-peak” day. Your moving quote will automatically show the most affordable date in your range! If you need help choosing the best low-price day, your U-Pack Moving Consultant will be happy to help.
- Pack and load efficiently.
With U-Pack, you only pay for the Cubes you use, so packing and loading well, and only moving what you’ll use goes a long way. Check out our helpful packing and loading tips to make the most of your space!
How Can I Get Cube Prices?
U-Pack makes getting a quote easy. Just enter where you’re moving from and to, when you’re planning to move, and how much you’re moving, and we’ll show your price instantly. If you need help getting a quote, you have a unique moving situation that isn’t reflected in the quote, or you’re working to stay on-budget, our consultants will be happy to assist you. Just call us at 800-413-4799. And if you have more questions about moving Cubes, leave a comment!
We look forward to helping.