Get Cross-Country Moving Rates
Its Flashback Friday! Each week we revisit a blog topic that has proven helpful to our readers. Todays flashback: Get Cross-Country Moving Rates. Its that time of year again; people are starting to plan for their big spring/summer moves, so its a perfect time to repost this one! Though there are several options for moving cross country, well always recommend that you Go U-Pack!.
Lately we've received several questions regarding cross-country moving rates through the "Ask the Experts" blog tool. So, this seems like a good time to re-visit the issue (we talked about how much it costs to move cross country in a previous post). So, lets take a look at ways you can get the best rates AND all of the services your move requires.
Tips for getting the best cross-country moving rates
First, getting moving rates from U-Pack is easy. Just enter your move specifics into the quote form to the right, and youll see your price instantly (and we think youll like what you see)!
Now, I understand that you'll probably want to get cross country moving rates from other moving companies too and there are several to choose from, including full-service movers, rental truck companies and other self moving services. As youre doing this, just keep in mind that first impressions mean a lot. If you happen onto a website that looks less than professional, or you get correspondence (whether by email or phone) that causes you to question the reputation or integrity of the mover, its a good idea to trust your instinct, and reconsider (especially if the price seems too-good-to-be-true). You can also check out consumer review sites like epinions.com to get mover reviews.
Once youre comfortable with a few movers and their rates for moving cross country, begin comparing prices and value (or service offerings). I recommend making a list of must have services/features and can do without services/features: Are you looking for lowest price; fastest transit time; a guaranteed delivery day; a superior safety record; storage options; small containers due to parking issues; someone else to drive; someone else to pack, load and unload? What are the deal-breakers?
In the process, make sure you ask about discounted moving days (sometimes called "off-peak" days) moving on an off-peak day can sometimes take $50-$150 off your cross country moving rate!
Heres how U-Pack stacks up in the categories features/offerings that may be important to you:
- Low prices: U-Pack is known for offering some of the most competitive prices in the industry.
- Fast transit times: Where most full-service moving companies take 2 to 3 weeks for delivery, U-Pack can deliver virtually anywhere in the U.S. within 2-5 business days.
- Guaranteed delivery days: When you reserve a move with U-Pack, your moving day is the exact day well deliver your moving trailer or ReloCube to your home for loading. Guaranteed. You even have the option of guarantying your time for delivery and the exact day well deliver to your destination.
- Superior safety Record: 99% of U-Pack customers moved claim-free in 2011; a record unmatched by other moving companies in the industry. And a record thats made possible thanks to ABF Freight Systems record of safety; theyre the only six-time winner of the American Trucking Associations Excellence in Security Award.
- Storage options: Store as long as you need in a ReloCube or a moving trailer.
- Small containers: U-Packs ReloCubes are custom-built to fit perfectly into a standard-size parking space. Reserve one, or as many as you need; pay only for what you use.
- Drivers: U-Pack shipments are driven cross country by professional ABF drivers.
Pack/load/unload help: U-Pack gladly recommends Moving Staffers for packing, loading or unloading help. Or choose MoveBuilder for a more comprehensive full-service move.
So there you have it! U-Pack is a great option for moving cross-country. For a free, no obligation cross-country moving rate, just call or click 800-413-4799.